Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Alumni - Emma Nicol

Thought I would send you an email to say hi and let you know what I've been up to!

For the last 3 months since graduation, I have been working as a trainer at a centre for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities. I have been teaching an Art & Craft course and also helping them set up their own social enterprise making handmade crafts. All of the crafts made by the trainees are created from recycled and donated materials. As materials are limited we regularly have to come up with new and innovative ideas for the products we produce. We are currently working on a "Craft Your Own Christmas" range which we are planning on selling at a number of markets in the coming months. The next market is this Saturday at the Love Southsea Market in Palmerston Road - So come and say hi! If any illustration students are interested in teaching or working with people with special needs, we are always looking for creative volunteers. Just drop me an email and I can send you some details - emma-nicol86@hotmail.co.uk

I have attached some photos of the products we have been making and a few of the trainees hard at work.

Also I have a work placement at Tigerprint/Hallmark next month (ahhhh excited), so I will send you some pictures from that too.