Thursday, 11 September 2014

Sophie Burgham - Work Experience and Internship

Hi Maureen,
So sorry it's taken me so long to get in touch and tell you what I've been doing!
On finishing the course, I did a two weeks work experience at Kew in the Fungarium, continuing on from my research for final major project. During my time there, I saw a post on the internal intranet, looking for publishing interns to help in picture research and design for a new drinks recipe book. I sent them an email and have been there since!
It's been great and really made me think I would like to push forward in publishing for a career.
I also applied for a volunteer role at the Natural History Museum, doing the same kind of work I had initially done at Kew, and I got it. I have been working there once a week, which has been very inspiring. All good stuff for my CV. I have been applying for paid work and more experience along the way too. Hope you and everyone is good and had a great summer.