Monday, 24 November 2014

Kelly McKenna: Designer at Target Publishing


















Hello Ros and Maureen!

I just thought I'd email to see how you all are, and to give you a little update on what I've been up to since graduation (I know you all like to hear these stories).

So, I applied for a job in publishing during the last few weeks of my third year, getting ready for life after uni. I don't think i even got round to telling you as those last weeks we're so hectic!
But as it happens, I got the job! My title is 'Designers Assistant' in a publishing business called 'Target Publishing Ltd' We publish loads of different magazines from Health, Beauty, Sports and Food - here's the website if you fancy a look:www.targetpublishing.com (don't forget to check out little old me on 'meet the team') I am currently re-designing our most popular magazine 'CAM', making adverts and putting together our advert pages in two other of our biggest mags, oh, and all using InDesign - so thanks for that! After my probation meeting a few weeks ago, I thought it would be a nice time to update you guys. In the new year I am being promoted to an official 'Designer' within the company! I feel so lucky to be straight into this amazing job so close after leaving Portsmouth, but it goes to show that hard work pays off, and Illustration can take you in all sorts of directions.

Hope you're all well, send my love to Bob!
And tell all those level 6's of yours to keep at it.

Kindest regards,
Kelly McKenna