Monday, 2 March 2015

Mathew Dunn - Alumni

Hi Maureen and Ros!

I hope you all are keeping well and everyone in the illustration department are creating and still inspiring all the new faces and soon to be graduates.

I thought I would send you an email in regards to my whereabouts, especially as it's been several months since graduation.Where do I start? Experience is the key! I cannot stress this enough to any students currently wanting to land jobs straight after graduating, many many digital companies or agencies want experienced graduates may it be freelance or a week or two interning.

Warning - do not be disheartened when companies expect you to intern for free, just impress them during this period.

Since graduating I have landed a contract job art working and creating digital work in a digital company not far from home working for Regus, the company is pretty well known worldwide for its business suites.

Since the new year, I have landed myself my first permanent job at Shoosmiths as a Print/Digital Designer, the company is a law firm situated in Reading but also dotted around the UK.
They have a digital team that have worked alongside Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and even Macmillan. I'm beyond excited for my positive future, for me it's the first step on the ladder of success.While landing this job I have been offered interviews, it's quite nice to be in demand!

I will keep in contact and look forward to visiting the illustration team in the near future!