Sunday, 27 March 2016

Alumni - Paul Wardski

Paul Wardski graduated in 2010 and has just sent us an update...

Hope you guys are all good, sorry its taken me so long to get back, in my defence I've been incredibly busy, and was waiting to have an interview and for them to get back to me, before I update you guy on my progression as a Pompey graduate.

I recently spent 3 weeks printing a new set of images at the Edinburgh printmakers where I have been working on a new series called ‘Intimacy and Nature’. I have been developing the idea and the concept of intimacy with in imagery, the image that we look at in private, defining the viewer or observers of the work as the voyeur.  I like the idea that an image from the viewer’s perspective can hold a personal connection to the work.

  

  

Similar to my previous work creating images that mix ephemera with typography. The imagery that
I have chosen to incorporate in to this series of works have been from articles and photographs that people that I know have deemed throwaway or not needed, with no value and out of date. Reusing discarded images and redefining them in a way that makes them new and relevant to the viewer.

The images are all printed on to Magnani 310gsm with deckled edges.
Paper size - 100 cm x 70 cm
Image size - 65.5 cm x 57 cm
They are all four colour prints, Limited Edition of 10 and hand signed.

I currently print at Thames Barrier Print Studio, my work is now also available at Art Republic, Gallery, 10 Edinburgh and Scream Editions London, along side recent shows at The Affordable Art Fair and Selfridges London.

I have also just been accepted at Camberwell College of Arts - UAL, really excited to be studying a Masters Degree and being a student again. I will be studying MA Printmaking form September this year.

Hope you dig what I've been up to and is always a pleasure to hear for you.
Paul